How to get instant photos online?
Capture or upload your photo
AI processes the image
AI photo verification
Get digital or print photos
How to take a clear photo?
Use a plain background
Keep your posture straight
Maintain a neutral facial expression
Basic Kroger Passport Photo Guidelines
- Image retouching
- Wearing uniform and hat
Kroger passport photo requirements
How much do passport photos cost at Kroger?
As per the official website, Kroger's passport photo price has not been disclosed. However, it might fall between $7.44 to $16.99. This range includes the lowest and highest prices offered by different photo stores in the US. Walmart offers the lowest (i.e., $7.44), and the highest price is at CVS ($16.99).
Kroger photo stores will help you take passport photos, process them, and provide you with printed images in a few minutes. You can use these printed photos for passport applications, ID photos, or other official documents.
You can also get a digital version of your passport picture, which can be used later for taking print whenever you want.
What is the passport photo size at Kroger?
Kroger’s passport picture is 2 x 2 inches (51mm x 51 mm) in size. The head size in the photo must be between 25 mm – 35 mm. The measurements are from the tip of the chin to the top of the head. The U.S. Department of State sets the passport photo dimensions.
If you are taking digital prints, the only acceptable format is JPEG.
What are the basic Kroger passport photo requirements?
The basic requirements for a passport photo are discussed below:
- The photo size should be 2x2 inches.
- The head size in the picture should be between 1 – 1 3/8 inches (25 - 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
Print and Other Specifications
- Use a color print photo taken in the last six months. Photos older than six months can be rejected by the passport office.
- Don’t apply filters on passport photos.
- Blurred or unclear images are not accepted.
- Selfies cannot be used as passport pictures.
- The background color in the photo can be white or off-white.
- The photo should be shadow free.
- Maintain neutral expressions while taking photos.
- You cannot smile or laugh in your passport picture. Keep your mouth closed while taking a photo.
Hairstyle, Clothing, and Tattoos
- You cannot wear uniforms or extravagant attire in the photo.
- Take off your jewelry if it covers any part of your face.
- The hairstyle should be such that it does not cover your face.
- Permanent tattoos are allowed.
Glasses, Headscarves, and Hands-free Devices
- Headscarves, hats, or any other kind of headgear are not allowed. However, you can use headgear for medical or religious reasons. If so, you must mention it in your passport application by attaching a separate letter.
- Don’t wear headphones, hands-free devices, and sunglasses.
Passport-size photos at Kroger are captured following U.S. Department of State guidelines.
How to print passport photos at Kroger?
To get a print of your passport photo at Kroger, follow these steps:
- Visit the store with your photos saved on a phone or a USB drive.
- Transfer the pictures to their systems from your flash drive, phone, or other means.
- Ask the staff to get you a U.S. passport photo print and leave the rest to them.
If you have a digital photo, the process becomes easy and takes less time. You can save time and money by getting a print. However, remember that the picture must not be older than six months. And it must meet the passport photo requirements mentioned above.
Kroger passport photo locations near me
Here is a stepwise guide to help you find your nearest Kroger location:
- Open the official website of Kroger.
- Click on Find a Store. Store locator search will appear in front of you.
- Add your City, State, or ZIP code in the search bar and search it.
- The results will show all the stores near your location.
The address, contact details, and open/closed status of Kroger photo stores will appear. You can also use the ‘get directions’ feature to reach the store conveniently. The ‘view store details’ option can also determine their services.
How to take a passport photo at home using a phone?
To avoid all the hassle of taking a passport photo, here is a simple guide to taking passport photos at home.
Proper lighting is one of the main requirements for a good passport photo. If you do not have studio lights, it is best to take the picture during day time.
The background should either be white or off-white. If it is unavailable, create one using a plain white sheet.
Set the Camera
Set the mobile camera on a tripod stand to take a photo. You can ask any friend or family member to capture your passport photo. You must switch on the timer option with multiple shots to take the picture.
Take clear images with a high-resolution mobile camera. The passport authorities do not accept unclear images that cast a shadow on your face.
Basic Photo Requirements
You must fulfill the basic photo requirements to minimize the chances of rejection. Wear an appropriate dress (not uniform) to take a picture. Take off your glasses, hats, or headgear for taking a photo.
Further, the image should be 2 x 2 inches (51 mm x 51 mm) in size. Do not apply any filters to your photo. Keep your facial expressions neutral.
Print the Photos
Take as many shots as you want until you are satisfied with what you have captured. Once done, save it separately. Using a color printer, you can print it at home on high-quality photo paper.
Otherwise, take the digital image to any nearby photo store and get the print. You can print from FedEx, Costco, or Walmart.
A Better Alternative to Kroger Passport Photos
Tired of paying high costs for inconvenient passport photo services? Pixelied offers a more affordable and convenient solution. With our online tool, you can easily create high-quality passport pictures from the comfort of your home. Simply upload your photo and receive biometric-compliant images within seconds. Say goodbye to the hassle of traditional passport picture services and try Pixelied today.