How to get instant photos online?
Capture or upload your photo
AI processes the image
AI photo verification
Get digital or print photos
How to take a clear photo?
Use a plain background
Keep your posture straight
Maintain a neutral facial expression
Basic Houston Passport Photo Guidelines
- Image retouching
- Wearing uniform and hat
Houston passport photo requirements
How much does a passport photo cost in Houston?
In Houston, passport photos cost between $4.99 and $19.99. You can get a professional photo shoot and two 2” by 2” prints at this price.
Remember that the price mentioned above is for a general idea. There is a possibility of finding lower or higher-cost services. It is best to check with pharmacies, digital photo studios, or grocery areas in your area for updated passport photo costs in Houston.
And for a general price overview, here are some of the places you can look into: (from ascending to descending order)
|AAA||Basic members pay $10, and non-members pay $15|
Where to get a passport photo in Houston, TX?
Houston, Texas, is a famous locality in America that has many options for passport photos. You can obtain a passport image from major retailers such as CVS, Target, Walmart, post offices, digital studios, pharmacies, etc.
There are multiple ways to get your passport pictures in Houston. You should consider Postal Annex if you are applying for a passport and need more time. Not only can they take your picture, but they can also initiate the passport application process.
You can find Postal Annex at some of the following locations in Houston:
|16516 El Camino Real, Houston, TX||Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM |
Sat: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
|2162 Spring Stuebner Rd #140, Spring, TX 77389||Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM |
Sat: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
|8765 Spring Cypress Rd Ste L, Spring, TX 77379||Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM |
Sat: 10:00 AM to 2:00
PM Sunday: Closed
|2211 Rayford Rd #111, Spring, TX 77386||Mon-Fri: 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM |
Sat: 09:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Passport photo locations in Houston
Some of the best places are listed below if you want safe options for taking or printing passport photos in Houston.
Retail and Convenience Stores
Here are some retail and convenience store locations in Houston that offer passport photos:
|Target||2580 Shearn St, Houston, TX 77007 |
8605 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77063
4323 San Felipe St, Houston, TX 77027
|FedEx Office||10100 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77043 |
5076 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX 77056
6363 San Felipe Street, Houston, TX 77057
|Walmart||10205 East Freeway, Houston, TX 77029 |
10621 Fry Road, Cypress, TX 77433
9503 Jones Road, Houston, TX 77065
Note that while these locations may offer passport photos, it's always a good idea to call ahead and confirm. Additionally, keep in mind that prices and availability may vary, so it's always best to check beforehand.
Drug Stores and Pharmacies
Many pharmacies and drugstores in Houston offer passport photo services. Some popular options include Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy, and Rite Aid. You can typically get two passport photos taken for around $15.
Here are some pharmacies located in Houston:
|CVS Pharmacy||9307 Cullen Boulevard, Houston, TX 77051 |
8775 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77063
1801 Elgin Street, Houston, TX 77004
|Walgreens||7805 Harrisburg Boulevard, Houston, TX 77012 |
8403 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77017
10333 Fondren Road, Houston, TX 77096
Photo Studios and Post Office
Here are some United States Postal Service (USPS) locations in Houston that offer passport photos:
- Houston Main Post Office: 1700 Smith St, Houston, TX 77002
- West Houston Station: 1740 W Sam Houston Pkwy S, Houston, TX 77042
- East Houston Station: 5409 East Fwy, Houston, TX 77020
- South Main Post Office: 8100 S Main St, Houston, TX 77025
- Gulfgate Station: 9898 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77017
- Memorial Park Station: 1400 W Gray St, Houston, TX 77019
- Kashmere Station: 5330 Lyons Ave, Houston, TX 77020
- Northwest Station: 1515 Studemont St, Houston, TX 77007
Furthermore, here are five photography studio locations in Houston that offer passport pictures:
- Picture People: 6121 W Grand Pkwy S, Richmond, TX 77407
- JCPenney Portraits: 5000 Katy Mills Cir, Katy, TX 77494
- Sears Portrait Studio: 7400 San Felipe St, Houston, TX 77063
- Target Photo Studio: 12405 N Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77064
- Walmart Photo Center: 10205 East Fwy, Houston, TX 77029
It's always a good idea to call ahead and confirm the availability of passport photo services at these locations, as well as their hours of operation and pricing. Additionally, some of these locations may have branches in Houston, so it may be worth checking their websites or calling to find a nearby place.
Pixelied’s Passport Photo Tool
Numerous websites provide passport photo tools, but Pixelied sets itself apart with its unparalleled convenience and pricing. Below, we outline the straightforward steps for capturing a passport picture using an online tool like Pixelied:
- Upload a photo: Once logged into Pixelied’s official website, upload a recent photo of yourself that meets the requirements for passport images.
- Adjust the photo: Our online tool will automatically adjust the image according to the U.S. State Department guidelines, such as cropping the image to the correct size, changing the background color to white, and ensuring the photo is clear.
- Order the prints: After the image has been processed, you can order its prints to your house or download the digital file and get it printed from a nearby shop.
- Submit the photo: Once you have printed the picture, you can submit it with your passport application.
It's essential to ensure that the photo you take meets the requirements for passport photos, as a poorly taken photo can delay the processing of your passport application.
What are the requirements at the nearest Houston passport photo location?
Houston passport photo requirements are the same as the rest of America. If you want to take a passport photo in Houston, here are the following requirements set by the U.S. Department of State that you must fulfill:
Dimensions of Passport Photo: As per the size guidelines mentioned on the official website of the U.S. Department of State, your passport picture should be precisely 2 by 2 inches. Your head should occupy about 60% to 80% of the frame and be fully visible. You also need to take care of the following:
- The head should measure between 25 and 35 mm (i.e., between 1 and 1.4 inches) from the chin to the top of the head.
Background: The background should be plain and white, without any creases or prints. It should have no reflection or shadow, either.
Eyewear: Spectacles, sunglasses, and other wearables are not permitted in US passport photos. Similar to this, lenses or even prescription lenses while having your picture taken are not allowed. Ensure that your eyes are open wide and are visible in the image.
If you wear glasses for medical reasons, you must submit a doctor’s letter along with your passport application.
Appearance and Headgear: You must carry a formal or semi-formal look in passport photos. It is best to wear neutral colors such as black, brown, or grey. Keep your makeup, jewelry, and accessories minimal.
Note: Avoid wearing white or off-white color in your passport photo.
Facial Piercings and Tattoos: You can keep your facial piercings on for a passport picture, but make sure they are not hiding any facial features. Tattoos are also not a problem in a passport photo.
How to print a passport photo in Houston?
Here is a stepwise guide to printing a passport photo in Houston:
Tools You Will Need
- A working smartphone camera or digital camera
- An internet connection along with a PC or laptop with a browser
- White background
- Tripod (optional)
- Good lighting
- Pixelied’s passport photo tool
Stepwise Guide for Taking a Passport Photo
- Begin with setting up a white background and your camera on a tripod. It will be a plus if you have studio lights; otherwise, daylight can do the work.
- Keep a distance of about 4 feet between the camera and the subject.
- Take the photo using either a blue tooth button or set a timer on the camera. Make sure to take a few pictures to pick the best one.
- Once the photo has been taken, upload it to Pixelied’s online tool, and it’ll automatically make it compliant with the State Department requirements, such as size, background, and other technical details.
- After the image has been processed, order the prints to your house or download them in soft copy.
Your photo can now be uploaded to an online passport photo tool maker. You can use a tool like Pixelied to crop your image and adjust it per passport photo requirements guidelines.
Take Passport Photos in Houston Online
No more hassle in finding passport photos in Houston. With Pixelied, you can create top-notch passport pictures right from home. Our tool ensures your image meets U.S. State Department guidelines. Simply upload your photo, and we’ll handle the rest. For a stress-free solution, choose Pixelied.