PicMonkey is a lightweight online photo editing software, packed with some of the most exciting features. Not only can you use it to touch up your personal images, but also create engaging branded visuals for social media. However, there are some other websites like PicMonkey that offer far greater functionality.
If you’ve been using PicMonkey, and feel that you could be doing so much more, keep reading.
In this article, we’ll list down and review 13 top websites like PicMonkey (a few of which are better).
Let’s get started.
Why Pixelied is the Perfect Alternative to PicMonkey
When it comes to websites like PicMonkey, there are a few good options to pick from. However, few come close to Pixelied – an up-and-coming online graphic design tool that’s well on its way to becoming the best option in the market.
But what makes this platform so great? For starters, it features a highly intuitive user-interface and amazing tools (more on this later), allowing anyone with an internet connection and a functioning device to create masterpieces for social media.
And the best part? It’s one of the most affordable platforms out there.
Top 13 Websites Like PicMonkey [The Only List You’ll Need]
Whether you’re a professional designer or a rookie, there’s a PicMonkey alternative for you.
Let’s review 13 awesome websites like PicMonkey:
Made for both businesses and individuals, Pixelied is the most cost-effective image editor and graphic design tool in the market.
Simplified and beginner-friendly, Pixelied lets you conveniently craft and edit any visual content, including social media posts, banners, blog post visuals, and more – without overcoming a steep learning curve.
Here are all of the amazing features that this platform has to offer:
- Library of Royalty-Free Stock Images – having trouble stock images? Pixelied offers millions of eye-catching, royalty-free stock images for absolutely free.
- Advanced Editor – Forget Adobe Photoshop. With Pixelied, you can do professional editing on the same level (minus the overwhelming interface). It lets you perform photo enhancements, apply special effects, filters, text manipulation, line height, border shadows, letter spacing, and more.
- Access to Over 900 Awesome Fonts – no one likes searching for the perfect font. Thankfully, with Pixelied, you get access to 900+ Google Fonts in one place.
- Ready-to-Use Templates – creating visuals from scratch takes time. Now you can pick from loads of pre-designed and ready-to-use templates for different social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more), email, and blogs.
- Premium, Professional-Looking Icons – pick from an extensive list of professional looking icons to add more value to your visual content.
- Exclusive SVG/Vector Uploads – Pixelied is one of the few online photo editors that let you upload vector files and change their colors.
In addition to the above, Pixelied also allows you to resize templates, remove backgrounds, and add image effects (such as blur, hue, etc.).
Pixelied gives you more bang for your bucks than any other online design tool with two budget-friendly packages:
- Free – you get templates, stock photos, premium icons, file uploading and folders for as long as you want without paying a dime.
- Pro – get unlimited privileges – templates, stock photos, folders, files uploads, custom fonts, and priority support – only for $7.95 per month.
Another online photo editor that’s a good alternative to PicMonkey is Pixlr. It comes in two versions, namely Pixlr X (for beginners) and the more advanced Pixlr E (Pixlr Express).
If you want to create basic graphics without using a complicated program like Photoshop Express, you might want to give Pixlr a shot.
Here are some of the popular features:
- Stock Images – choose from dozens of stock images for absolutely free.
- Upload Images – use an image of your choice by uploading it to your Pixlr workspace.
- Photo Enhancement – this includes basic image editing options, such as brighten, lighten, balance colors, etc.
- Size Adjustment – crop and/or resize images to the dimensions of your liking with a few clicks.
Additionally, you can add elements (text, shapes, and borders) and blur images.
Pixlr offers the following plans:
- Free – get limited, ad-supported access to basic photo editing tools and overlays.
- Premium – at $3.99 per month, gain full access to all editing and design features.
- Professional – pay $14.99 monthly for Premium features plus stock content and user support.
If you want a fairly basic online image editor that will get the job done (without requiring top-level skills), another option is Fotor.
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- Photo Editor – this covers your usual photo editing needs such as cropping, resizing, enhancing, and adding effects.
- Collage Maker – put together a photo collage like you would in other popular visual content creation tools.
- Design Tool – a simplified graphic design tool that lets you create basic visual content.
- Portrait Beauty – a face beautifying feature used for retouching, blurring imperfections, and red eye removal in selfies or portrait photos.
Here’s the breakdown of Fotor’s pricing plans:
- Basic – you pay nothing for simple photo editing, collage making and saving your work.
- Pro – with this plan, you get everything in Basic plus no ads, advanced design features, and more photo effects for $8.99 monthly (or $39.99 annually).
BeFunky is one of those websites like PicMonkey that have been created for all design needs.
It’s most suitable for designing social media posts (Facebook cover photos, Instagram posts, banners, and other graphics).
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular features:
- Touch Up – retouch selfies and portraits that need minor adjustments.
- Blur Image – soften sharpness and diffuse imperfections with the help of this tool.
- Photo Enhancer – sort out common photography issues with the sharpening, color brightening, and de-noising features.
- Stock Images – choose from a range of free stock images and use them however you like.
- Resizing – reduce the size or change the dimensions of images.
Additionally, the tool lets you can crop, resize, and generate collages.
You can start using BeFunky by choosing any one of the following plans:
- Basic – at zero cost, you can use 125 digital effects for some basic photo editing.
- BeFunky Plus – use all features with full access to built-in resources for $6 monthly or $ 59.88 yearly.
Ribbet is a close, user-friendly PicMonkey alternative.
Suited for individual/personal use, Ribbet allows you to edit photos as well as create certain types of designs for both digital and print.
Here’s what’s under the hood:
- Photo Editor – make basic photo adjustments that other similar platforms do.
- Collage Maker – put together a collage of images.
- Card Design – use themed templates or your own images to create greeting cards and other visual content.
- Upload Images – use images of your own choice by uploading them to your workspace.
The tool is compatible with both Mac and PC.
As of now, Ribbet offers the following two pricing plans:
- Free – get limited, ad-enabled access to image editing tools, templates, uploads and projects in this free version.
- Premium – in this pro plan, you get unlimited access to a basic photo editor and other main features. Buy for $6.99 per month monthly or $39.96 per year.
Canva is perhaps one of the most well-known and versatile websites like PicMonkey.
This popular option is suitable for creating and editing visuals for both personal or business use. All in all, it’s a very decent alternative to Photoshop.
What makes it so special? Here are some features that can be given the credit:
- Basic Photo Editor – this allows you to make simple adjustments to your photos in a user-friendly interface.
- Stock Content Libraries – choose from a limited selection of royalty-free photos and videos.
- Ready-To-Use Templates – themed templates are pre-designed for instant use. However, not all of them are free.
- Resize – change image dimensions with this pro-only feature (that comes free in other alternatives to PicMonkey).
- Add Elements – add text, borders, stickers, and other elements to your graphics.
Additionally, you can upload images, make folders, and share with others from the web version or mobile app.
Canva has three pricing plans:
- Free – get a limited selection of templates, photos, graphics, and design types for free.
- Pro – get everything the Free plan has plus resizing, more templates, and more stock content for $9.95 per month (billed annually).
- Enterprise – get all Pro features plus collaboration, access controls, and user support. The plan costs $30 per month.
Picsart allows you to design and edit social media content in the most simplified environment.
Individuals, social media marketers, and bloggers might want to try this one out.
Here’s a list of features that make it stand out:
- Design Tool – create a bunch of basic images and videos for social media.
- Video Editor – a paid feature that lets you edit video content (you don’t have to be a professional video editor to do so).
- Fonts – choose from a library of (rather limited) fonts.
- Beautifying Tool – this feature will fix minor imperfections in photos.
All things considered, Picsart is a more lightweight photo editing app.
There are two pricing plans:
- Free – you get to do some basic edits and design for free.
- Gold – with this pro plan, get everything in Free plus some basic design and editing features, priced at $47.99 (billed yearly).
Next on our list of websites like PicMonkey is Fotojet – a simplified design and photo editing tool.
It’s a functional, easy-to-use option for individuals and small businesses.
Here are some of the features that make it worth giving a shot:
- Simple Photo Editor – enhance and adjust photos with basic photo editing features.
- Graphic Design Tool – use pre-made templates to create graphics with elements such as text, photos, and backgrounds.
- Collage Maker – make photo grids or creative collages on various layouts.
Apart from the above, you can also resize and download your work.
Here’s a complete breakdown of Fotojet’s pricing plans:
- Free – this plan offers you free basic photo editing, templates, fonts, effects, and a few more features.
- Plus – get more fonts, storage space, and user support. This plan will set you back by only $6.99 per month (or US$ 39.99 annually).
9. Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark is Adobe’s online graphic design tool (a more user-friendly alternative to Photoshop).
Unlike PicMonkey, Adobe Spark lets you create website graphics in addition to visuals for social media.
Here are some of the key features:
- Themes – pre-designed themes that are ready to use (like in most design tools).
- Free Fonts – choose from a selection of fonts that are free to use.
- Stock Images – source and use royalty-free images in one place.
- Social Sharing – share visuals with the community and view what other people have to share.
Furthermore, Adobe Spark lets you add logos and collaborate.
Adobe Spark Pricing
Opt for either of the two pricing plans:
- Starter Plan – a free plan that lets you use some pre-made icons and images.
- Individual Plan – includes custom editing features, project personalization capabilities, complete access to resources, and more.
- Team Plan – get all features in the Individual plan plus admin privileges and access to 24/7 customer support, all for $9.79 per month.
Visit Adobe Spark
Placeit is an open-source marketplace of pre-designed templates for digital and print graphics.
You can try Placeit if you’re on a time crunch to create visual content. However, when it comes to customization, it’s not such a great option.
Here’s what it’s known for:
- Mockups Templates – create visual prototypes of your product using model images.
- Design Templates – use ready-made templates, which is a common feature among design tools
- Logo Generator – quickly create an industry-specific logo for your brand.
- Videos – choose from a library of pre-created video clips instead of making them from scratch
You can access all templates with a $14.95 per month or $89.69 per year subscription.
Unlike PicMonkey, RelayThat is a business-focused graphic design tool.
Check it out if you’re a one-person army or work with teams.
Some of the top features of RelayThat include:
- A Free Image Library – pick from readily available stock images.
- Collaboration – teams can work on multiple projects and watch their visual masterpieces come to life in real time.
- Pre-set Color Palettes – color combinations are ready to use.
- Resize – conveniently tweak image dimensions to your liking.
Furthermore, there are paid brand management features.
Two corporate pricing plans are available, the details of which are as follows:
- Entrepreneur – solo entrepreneurs get unlimited designs, brand workspaces, and font uploads for $25 per month.
- Agency and Enterprise – this plan includes Entrepreneur features plus collaboration, white-labels, and branding privileges. Pricing information is available upon request.
Next on the list is piZap, another one of the websites like PicMonkey that are ideal for personal use.
Consider this option if you want to make simple photo edits, collages, and designs.
Here’s what it has to offer:
- Photo Editor – make minor enhancements and fixes to your photos.
- Graphic Design – create various types of visuals for both digital and print.
- Elements – add text, images, shapes, and stickers to enhance your design.
- Retouching – touch up photos and images and bring them closer to perfection.
Furthermore, the platform has an active user support.
Two packages are on offer here:
- Free – get limited, ad-enabled access to photo editing and design features free of cost.
- piZap Pro – unlock everything, ad-free, with user support for $5.99 per month or $35.88 per year.
Piktochart is a commercial design solution – perfect for creating professional-looking infographics (though you can make other visuals as well).
This tool is most suitable for content marketers, bloggers, and email marketers.
Here are some of the salient features:
- Designs for Business – create designs in different formats such as social media graphics, presentations, flyers, and so on.
- Templates – pre-designed templates are available for instant use.
- Infographic Maker – create infographics for blog posts and other content formats.
Additionally, teams can share and collaborate on projects.
Piktochart offers three need-based pricing plans:
- Free – work on 5 visuals, get 40MB bandwidth for uploads, export images in standard quality (but with the Piktochart watermark), and use pre-defined themes for free.
- PRO – for $24.17 per month (or $290 per year), you can get rid of the watermark, upload fonts, export images in HD, create as many graphics as you want, and get 1GB image uploads.
- PRO Team – in addition to all of the features in the Pro plan, you get unlimited image uploads, project-sharing, template customizations, and much more (for 82.50 per month or $990 per year).
Essentially, the photo editor you choose depends on your needs and most importantly, your budget.
PicMonkey is a great option, but then again, it’s certainly not the best graphic design tool out there.
Out of all the websites like PicMonkey, Pixelied offers a complete package by combining a seamless user interface with professional-level features.
And since budget is a vital deciding factor here, Pixelied is certainly your best bet.