Snappa is a powerful online photo editor that allows you to create eye-catching visuals in a user-friendly interface. Whether you want to design Facebook ads or craft compelling infographics, this platform is (usually) sufficient. However, Snappa doesn’t have all the features that you might want in an online image editor.
Thankfully, there are a good few alternatives to Snappa.com – some of which are just as good, whereas others are even better.
If you want to try new online graphic design software other than Snappa, keep reading. In this article, we’ll list 10 of the best sites that are just like Snappa.
Let’s get started.
Pixelied: The Best Alternative to Snappa
Pixelied is a new graphic design solution that has been created for both beginners and experienced designers. Rocking a fluid UI and a massive library of awesome templates, anyone can use this tool for their design products.
With its easy drag-and-drop features, you can start designing your social media, blog images, YouTube thumbnails, and more, without the need for any prerequisite skills.
With this tool, all you need is a pinch of creativity to create amazing visual content.
Furthermore, Pixelied provides an extensive range of exclusive features (more on that later) and is also one of the most pocket-friendly tools out there.
10 Promising Alternatives to Snappa
As we highlighted earlier, for most marketers and designers, Snappa can help get the job done.
But in terms of features, flexibility, and costs, it might not be the best option.
If you can relate, consider giving one of the following tools a shot:
Pixelied is a rising online photo editing and graphic design tool that’s giving many well-known names (such as Canva, Pixlr, and Pablo by Buffer) a run for their money.
With its wide variety of design options, it takes you to a world of possibilities when it comes to creating professional-looking assets.
For starters, Pixelied provides a sea of options for you to design/repurpose posts for different social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
And that barely scratches the surface – digital marketers, bloggers, and graphic designers alike can enjoy the following set of Pixelied features:
- Ready-to-Go Templates – with tons of ready-made templates in Pixelied’s repository, you can design anything within a few minutes. Whether you want to design Facebook covers, Instagram posts, Tweets, or more, there’s a template for that.
- Huge Library of Royalty-Free Stock Images – stock images help you enhance your images by adding more expression and voice to your content. Pixelied offers millions of royalty-free stock photos that you can use to beautify your designs.
- Advanced Editor – photo manipulation and editing is obviously a necessity. Pixelied features a built-in advanced editor with capabilities of Photoshop and InDesign (minus the complexity). Furthermore, it offers text manipulation features such as line height, letter spacing, etc. and the option to add borders and shadows. You’d be surprised to know that many competitors don’t offer these features.
- Professional Looking Icons – Pixelied has a library of eye-catching and professional-looking icons that you can use to make your designs more meaningful.
- Hundreds of Fonts (900+) – a font can make or break your entire content. Pixelied provides 900+ Google fonts from different font families and styles to go with your assets.
In addition to the above, Pixelied also allows you to conveniently resize templates by changing image dimensions, remove backgrounds, and add image effects (such as blur, hue, etc.).
Furthermore, it lets you upload SVG/vector files and change their colors – another feature that the top competitors don’t offer.
All in all, it is a competent tool that is very easy to learn and offers virtually every type of feature that you could ask for in an online design tool.
Pixelied is an all-in-one tool for designers that is comparatively cheaper with no compromise in the features it provides. You can either opt for the free plan to give it a go or select the pro plan.
Here are the details:
- Free – create stunning designs for free using Pixelied’s free plan. This plan includes access to 100+ templates, unlimited downloads, access to 3 million+ stock photos, two folders to manage your assets, ability to upload files, and access to premium icons.
- Pro – in addition to the features mentioned above, you get access to all templates with unlimited downloads, unlimited folders, priority support, and much more, all for $9.95/m.
Canva is a rather well-known graphic design platform that’s also a promising Snappa alternative.
It offers extensive libraries of templates, vectors, icons, and more. It’s a simplified platform that provides an impressive suite of features to help you with your design needs.
Furthermore, with Canva, you can conveniently collaborate and share your designs with your team members.
Let’s have a peek into the most popular features of the platform:
- Enriched Image Editor – Canva lets you edit background images and crop your pictures with precision.
- Stellar Photo Effects – to enhance or give a final touch to your photos, leverage Canva’s wide range of filters. Additionally, you can add texture to your photos, play with your photo’s transparency, add frame effects, and blur your photos.
- Design and Photo Grids – Canva offers different layouts for you to create photo collages and make your images fun and exciting.
In addition to the above features, Canva lets you add speech bubbles, straighten your photos, and much more (standard features that you can also find in popular Canva alternatives).
Canva offers the following two pricing plans:
- Free – the free version is suitable for individuals and small businesses. It offers 100+ design types, free photos, graphics, fonts, and templates.
- Pro ($9.95/m) – Canva’s pro version is loved by professionals that require a little more customization and hands-on designing. The additional features include premium stock images, graphics, custom templates, and the ability to export animated GIFs.
PicMoney is great for acing effects on videos for your YouTube channel, twitter headers, LinkedIn posts, and cover photos.
With its branding tool kit, you can design eye-grabbing business cards, logos, and watermarks..
But what exactly does it have to offer? Let’s have a quick look:.
- Photo Touchups and Editing Tool – its photo editor lets you enhance your photos with adjusting, cropping, resizing, and background-removal capabilities.
- Modern Graphic Design Features – use this feature and edit every layer of your image like a pro.
- Template and Font Library – use thousands of design templates, creative graphics, stock photos from Unsplash and iStock to strengthen your images.
Additionally, PicMonkey provides templates specific to social platforms for you to create the right visuals for the right stage.
You can start using PicMonkey by opting for one of the following paid plans:
- Basic – get 1 GB cloud storage, ability to download images, primo effects, and endless templates for $7.99 per month.
- Pro – PicMonkey pro offers unlimited storage, brand kit, email support, and custom font uploading options, for $12.99 per month (perfect for agencies and enterprises).
Pixlr is an intuitive photo editing software powered with AI to provide you with a seamless designing experience.
It has two photo editors – Pixlr E and Pixlr X (one for the advanced designer and one for beginners, respectively).
Some of the exclusive features that Pixlr provides include:
- One-Click Smart Tools – the AI bots take care of photo editing for you, making the whole process quicker, easier, and just overall smoother. And the best part? All it takes is just a single click.
- Simplified Editing – if you’re swamped by endless designing tasks, use toggle and drag-and-drop options in Pixlr to edit your photos.
- Limitless Resources – perfect your images with Pixlr’s well-stocked libraries, including limitless overlays, borders, and decorative text to add to your photos.
All in all, Pixlr is a decent and highly versatile solution.
Pixlr offers the following plans:
- Free – this plan provides necessary editing tools, a limited set of overlays & stickers, and shows ads.
- Pro – if you want to get rid of ads and enjoy extensive editing tools, buy their pro version (costs $14.99 per month). It gives you access to thousands of decorative fonts and icons, video tutorials, premium support, and AI CutOut.
Next on the list of Snappa alternatives is Desygner – a tool that lets you create high-level visual assets without the help of a professional designer.
Here’s a quick sneak-peek into what it has to offer:
- Lockable designs – protect your assets by locking them and only authorizing your team members to access them.
- PDF Editor – if you have PDF design copies exported from Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., you can easily edit them on Desygner without juggling between file formats.
- Branded templates – this feature lets you generate templates from PDF or create them from scratch. Share these templates with anyone to edit and control what can and can’t be altered.
In addition to the features above, it lets you customize logos and icons and helps you organize your assets.
Desygner offers the following two plans:
- Premium ($9.99/m) – enjoy a variety of templates, logos, free images, and an integrated social media scheduler in this plan for $9.99 per month.
- Pro ($21.95/m) – for $21.95 per month, this plan lets you manage digital access and publish template collections.
Crello is a 2-in-1 solution that offers both graphic designing and video editing capabilities.
You can leverage this platform to create animations and graphics for social and web.
It features an extensive set of tools to help you create masterpieces in a few minutes, some of which include:
- Flip & Rotate Your Images – everybody loves symmetrical photos. Use the flip feature to make a quick print edit. Rotate your pictures to fit it in your images.
- Create Custom Badges and Labels – you can create badges to personalize your blogs. Furthermore, you can paint labels for your products by designing brand logos, price tags, and more.
- Animation Effects – add animations to the objects on your video canvas and design animated logos.
You can start using Crello without paying a dime. Here are the details:
- Free – get access to an unlimited resource library.
- Pro ($7.99/m) – customize any template of your choice and play around with limitless options of stock resources, all for $7.99 per month.
Piktochart a collaborative design platform that’s best known for helping create captivating infographics.
Let’s take a deeper look into what it has to offer:
- Templates for Professional Content – Picktochart has design themes for Marketers, HR, healthcare, and finance departments. Boost your content by giving it a relevant and professional touch. It also has tailor-made designs for non-profit organizations and Education sectors.
- Visualize data – map your numbers and data into beautiful graphs, bar diagrams, charts, and more.
To get started, you can choose a format of content that you want to create and get template suggestions from Picktochart.
Here’s a complete breakdown of the pricing plans of Piktochart:
- Free – enjoy all the resources in this plan, but they’re only downloadable with a branded watermark and pre-defined color schemes.
- Pro ($24.17/m) – swim in the extensive resources to cherry-pick the ones you like and download your art for free with no watermark.
Easil is another Snappa substitute that can add value to your marketing and personal projects by helping you design unique visuals.
Let’s look at the most popular tools that this simple graphic design website has to offer:
- Add Drop Shadows to Your Text – make your typography stand out by adding shadows, glow, and blur effects.
- Mask Your Text – add effects to your text by masking it with images that provide metallic, glitter, and texture effects.
It also has a single-click color palette generator that can create an aesthetically pleasing palette just from an image.
As far as pricing goes, Easil is one of the more affordable options. Here are the details:
- Basic – this package includes everything a DIY kit offers.
- Plus – it offers advanced editing options, team management, and free download options for just $7.50 per month.
Add a little funk to your visuals (all on a friendly UI) with BeFunky. With its extensive collection of tools, you can craft highly engaging visual content for your brand and personal projects.
Let’s take a look at two of its most useful features:
- Process Photos in Bulk – this feature lets you edit multiple photos at a time with its batch processing utility.
- Retouch Portraits – enhance your portraits and selfies to make them just perfect.
There are other, more exciting features as well, making the platform a strong candidate when it comes to choosing a site like Snappa.
BeFunky is a completely free tool (there’s not a single paid plan).
10. Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark is another great Snappa alternative that enables both non-designers and advanced Picassos whip up top-level visuals.
It’s best suited for creating minimalistic yet powerful designs, however, you can use it to create whatever you want.
Let’s see which features make the design journey an easy one for graphic designers.
- Easy-to-Share option – Adobe Spark provides its users with hassle-free sharing options, using which they can share their stories anytime, anywhere.
- #SparkMade – get those creative juices by exploring Adobe Spark’s gallery, where they’ve compiled millions of masterpieces.
- Three Applications, Three Purposes – they have three exclusive apps for creating graphic posts, web stories, and short video clips.
Adobe Spark Pricing
These are the pricing plans offered by Adobe Spark:
- Starter – the free plan lets you download thousands of icons and images.
- Individual – this plan is most suitable for individuals and solo entrepreneurs. For $9.99 per month (first 2 months are free), you can collaborate on projects, create branded content with logos and watermarks, use templates, and much more.
- Team – meant for agencies and design teams, this plan costs $19.99. It includes all of the features of the Individual plan, along with the ability to provide privileges and 24/7 access to customer support.
Visit Adobe Spark
Wrapping it Up
Advanced graphic design tools, such as Photoshop and Illustrations, come with high learning curves.
However, tools like Pixelied and Snappa are easy to learn and offer everything you require to build great designs. All that in a user-friendly budget that individuals and companies of all sizes can easily afford.
Although, online photo editors provide essential features for free, but based on your need, never hesitate to buy a tool that empowers your visuals.
Remodel your content by creating design stories to pitch your ideas to your customers, elegantly.