When it comes to online graphic design tools, Canva is one of the most well-recognized names. From infographics to masterpieces for social media, it lets you create iconic visuals with a few clicks. However, at times, it just doesn’t cut it, and knowing a few Canva alternatives can help.
We’re lucky to be living in times where there are many online image editors to choose from. Content creators no longer have to rely on the expertise of professional graphic designers to whip up amazing visuals.
If you’re in the same boat and don’t like what Canva has to offer – keep reading. In this article, we’ll list down and review the 11 best Canva alternatives.
Let’s dive in.
Pixelied: One of the Best Canva Alternatives
Pixelied is an emerging photo editing and graphic design tool. Whether you’re a digital marketer, blogger, or a designer, you can use it to craft stand-out visual content since this versatile tool has been designed to meet different needs.
With Pixelied, you can create social media graphics (for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and SoundCloud, for example), email headers, custom illustrations for your website, and more.
Thanks to its intuitive UI and easy drag-and-drop features, there’s not much of a learning curve, and even non-designers can start creating stunning visuals in no time.
All in all, Pixelied provides the same level of functionality (if not better) as Canva and some of the other well-known online design tools, like Pablo, Crello, and Easil – for a lower price.
11 Promising Canva Alternatives
As mentioned above, there are quite a few tools to choose from when it comes to picking sites like Canva.
But if we’re talking about the best Canva alternatives, the following deserve a shout out:
Pixelied is a relatively new entrant that’s giving the other well-established players a run for their money.
It’s one of the most user-friendly options out there that let you design high-level masterpieces in a matter of minutes (you don’t need pro-level design skills).
Here is a detailed analysis of all the features that this tool has to offer:
- Image Effects – completely enhance your pictures with some of the most visually-pleasing filters.
- Advanced Editor – you no longer need complex tools like Photoshop or InDesign to edit your visuals. With Pixelied’s advanced but easy-to-use editor, you can do text manipulation (line height, letter spacing, etc.), add borders, shadow, and much more – features that aren’t offered by most of the other competitors.
- Awesome Icons – explore Pixelied’s library of premium icons to increase the aesthetic value of your designs.
- Ready-Made Templates – designing something from scratch isn’t easy. To solve that problem, Pixelied provides you with millions of tailor-made template options for your designs.
- Huge Library of Free Stock Images – get unlimited access to a massive library of millions of royalty-free stock photos.
In addition to the above, Pixelied allows convenient resizing of your ready-made templates and changing/removing the background from images with a click or two.
If that’s not enough – it also lets you upload SVG/vector files and change their colors. To top it off, they also have a library of 900+ Google fonts and the ability to organize your assets in folders.
As of now, Pixelied offers the following plans:
- Free Plan – the free version provides basic features including 100+ templates, 3 million+ stock photos, two folders, and access to premium icons.
- Pro Plan – for $9.95, you get access to all templates, unlimited downloads, priority support, custom font uploads, and much more.
Snappa is one of the most powerful Canva alternatives that’s perfect for designing (and scheduling) social media posts.
One of its main features is its smart suggestion system, through which, it suggests templates based on your preferences.
Let’s have a more detailed look at all the features:
- Social Media Scheduling and Sharing – though not a “design” feature, per se, Snappa offers integration with Buffer (a social media scheduler), which lets you share your designs on your social channels.
- Easy Image Editing – add texts, graphics, and effects in a snap while enjoying the vast library of limited resources. Furthermore, you can remove the background from your photos and resize your graphics with a few clicks.
- Free High-Res Stock Photos – Enjoy the free stock photo library and use as many images in your content as you like.
All in all, it’s one of the decent lightweight alternatives to Canva. However, it might not have all the features that you’re looking for.
Here is a complete breakdown of Snappa’s pricing plans:
- Free – get custom templates and HD graphics. However, it limits you to only three downloads per month.
- Pro – in addition to the free plan’s features, you can get social media sharing, unlimited downloads, custom font uploads, and background removal for $10 per month.
Picktochart is among the top graphic design and photo editing tools that’s best-known for creating stunning, professional-looking infographics without all the extensive legwork of Photoshop and Illustrator.
Here are the main features that this tool offers:
- Data visualization – with Picktochart, you can map impactful data in the form of graphs and charts and make it more attractive.
- Team Collaboration – get in touch with your team members and create masterpieces together in real-time.
- Image Customization – if you want to edit images in the ready-made templates, Picktochart has a feature for that.
Additionally, Picktochart provides templates for you to create professional-looking presentations, infographics, social media images, and printable assets.
Let’s compare the free plan and the paid plan offered by Picktochart.
- Free – This plan lets you create limited visuals, upload standard quality images, and download pictures with its watermark.
- Pro ($24.17/m) – It enables you to design unlimited visuals, 1 GB image uploads, PDF exports, and custom font upload.
Next on our list of Canva alternatives is Visme – another complete graphic design tool that offers a highly intuitive user-interface. In fact, it’s known as the “tool made by designers for non-designers.”
The tool offers a wide array of features, some of which include:
- Awesome Templates – Visme offers templates for different content types including, website graphics, videos, gifs, flowcharts, and more.
- Standard Editor – this lets you customize your visuals or create assets from scratch, with basic tools such as text manipulation, color pallets, and more.
- Data Visualization – give life to your data and craft visually-appealing graphs using ready-made charts and widgets. And the best part? It’s compatible with Excel.
Additionally, Visme offers unlimited access to free icons and stock images.
Visme offers comprehensive plans for individuals, businesses, and educators/students. For now, let’s look at the basic and standard plan:
- Basic – this is a free plan that gives access to limited templates, charts, and widgets. It also allows you to download your projects in PDFformat.
- Standard – for $14 a month, get access to premium resources and an option to create color palettes.
5. Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark is a user-friendly alternative to Photoshop. Like most online design apps, it’s (relatively) easy to use and allows you to create virtually every type of graphic.
It also has Android and iPhone mobile apps tohelp you create great visual content on-the-go.
Here are some of the main features offered by Adobe Spark:
- Spark Post – design high-quality graphics for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms.
- Page – this feature lets you compose responsive and magazine-styled web pages.
- Video – if you wish to create short but compelling videos for your campaigns, use this feature.
Furthermore, Adobe Spark offers instant sharing options and a gallery of designs to get those creative juices flowing.
Adobe Spark Pricing
These are the pricing plans offered by Adobe Spark:
- Free – the free version offers unlimited access to icons and royalty-free stock images.
- Pro – this plan gives access to premium resources, custom templates, Adobe fonts, and team collaboration for $9.99 per month.
Visit Adobe Spark
PicMonkey is a user-friendly photo editing and design software that not only helps create visuals from scratch, but also offers amazing features to enhance your existing images.
These are the main categories of features that PicMonkey is known for:
- Photo Effects and Editing – edit your photos by applying filters, textures, stickers, and other accessories.
- Branding Tools PicMonkey empowers your brand by helping you create business cards, logos, and watermarks.
In addition to the above, it provides an endless library of templates for you to beautify your posts and create engaging content for your social channels.
PicMonkey offers the following plans:
- Basic – it’s free and allows you to download your images in PNG and JPG. Furthermore, it provides 1 GB of cloud storage.
- Pro – this plan gives unlimited storage, access to the resource library, and team collaboration for $12.99 a month.
Fotojet is another one of the promising Canva alternatives that’s popular in the designer community. It is a photo editor, graphic designer, and an online collage maker.
Let’s look at the features that make FotoJet the awesome tool that it is:
- Graphic Designer – use Fotojet to create jaw-dropping posters, flyers, banners, and much more.
- Collage Maker – leverage the exciting range of layouts and themes FotoJet offers, and create eye-catching collages in a matter of a few minutes.
- Photo Editor – use this feature to resize, crop, rotate, and touch up your photos.
If you have little or no design skills, FotoJet is one of the better options to start your design process with.
Let’s look at the pricing:
- Free – The free version offers basic editing and limited templates and stocks. However, it includes ads.
- Pro – This version provides an advanced editing tool, access to premium assets, and shows no ads for $6.99 per month.
BeFunky is another standard all-in-one online graphic design tool that lets you create an array of custom graphics.
- Photo Editing – crop and resize your photos, add artsy filters, remove background, and re-touch your portraits and images with BeFunky’s photo editor.
- Collage Maker – combine your photos to create stunning collages with a single click. Explore the complete list of themes to make the perfect masterpiece.
- Free Resources – explore the customizable design templates, stock images, vector graphics, and icons to embellish your photos with.
And that barely scratches the surface.
BeFunky offers all this at a $6.99 monthly rate.
Fotor is a lightweight graphic design option that’s ideal for individuals and small teams.
That being said, it does have more features to offer than FotoJet. At a glance, these features include:
- Photo Editing – Fotor offers beauty filters, vintage effects, portrait retouching, resizing, and more.
- Photo Collage – express more feelings with a single photo using Fotor’s collage maker.
Fotor offers the following two pricing plans:
- Free – the free version provides basic editing and basic photo effects.
- Pro – this version provides exclusive photo effects, design templates, and storage (for $8.99 a month).
Relaythat is a popular design tool that’s loved by content marketers and small business owners.
It offers the following features:
- Headline Generator – not a design feature, but it lets you quickly generate suitable headlines for your video thumbnails and social media posts.
- Themes and Layouts – use visually-pleasing, ready-made themes, layouts, and color combinations to create top-level content.
- Account Management – manage your brand by organizing your image folders for each project.
Let’s look at the prices for different packages.
- Entrepreneurs – perfect for individuals, this plan offers unlimited designs, ability to manage five workspaces (brands), bring on 1 team member, and option to upload custom fonts. It costs $25 a month.
- For Agency and Teams – this is a custom plan, offered to large teams (agencies and enterprises). Get in touch with the RelayThat team to get a custom price quote.
The last Canva alternative on our list is DesignBold, which makes creating sophisticated and brilliant designs effortless.
Let’s have a look at what DesignBold has to offer.
- Automated Backups – design your content smoothly without worrying about internet disruption. DesignBold takes backup at regular intervals to save your designs.
- Team Collaboration – work with your team by inviting them via a magic link. Create top-level visual assets in real-time.
- Customization and Personalization – use the photo editing tool to edit your photos and make them infinitely better.
Additionally, DesignBold allows multiformat file download, high-res download option, and pinning favorite resources.
Let’s have a look at the pricing plans offered by DesignBold:
- Free – the free plan offers access to thousands of free layouts and basic resources.
- Pro – this plan provides access to unlimited storage, premium icons & layouts, and complete customization options. It costs $9.99 a month.
Whether you’re on mobile, Mac, or PC – these photo editors can make the professional designing process a lot easier.
All options considered, it’s safe to say that finding Canva alternatives isn’t really a challenge. The real challenge is finding a tool that meets your specific requirements and doesn’t require much effort to master.
That being said, out of all the tools, Pixelied is the only option that not only offers exclusive features but is also currently the most user-friendly tool in the market.
Give it a shot – it’s free.